Today’s post is dedicated to the numerous benefits of healthy eating. We all know that we should be eating healthy but what exactly does this mean? A wellbalanced diet from… the main food groups. According to nutritionists there are 5 main food groups:
2. Fruit and vegetables
4. Milk and dairy products
5. Fats and sugars
Food pyramid - the five food groups
It is important that we consume products from these groups in the right quantities. Committing to a healthy diet can be one of the best choices you ever make since it can save you money on future health costs and it can aslo make you look and feel better. And who doesn’t want to feel good? Sounds great isn’t it 🙂 Eating well also means leaving out processed foods, saturated fat, foods that are high in added sugar plus refraining from smoking and drinking alcohol. This doesn’t sound so great 🙂 Most people develop bad eating habits and they even can’t do without them. Eating
healthy isn’t always easy and it can be challenging…
If you need some help getting motivated, and if you’re not convinced that changing your diet will improve your overall health, continue reading and you might just change your mind. At the end of this post I will tell you my personal story how and when I started my adventure in the world of clean eating.
10 Benefits of Healthy Eating
1. Live longer! People who eat clean tend to live longer! What is more, they tend to live happier too 🙂
2. Regulate weight A wellbalanced diet helps you
3. Boost your energy Our body gets energy from the foods we eat. When
1. Здравословната диета ви позволява да постигнете и задържите оптимално тегло като по този начин поддържа тялото ви в баланс.
2. Повишава жизнената ви енергия Ние получаваме енергия от храната, която приемаме. Когато тялото ви получава всички необходими хранителни елементи, вие ще се чувствате тонизирани и заредени с енергия през целия ден!
3. Спите подобре Приемът на здравословна храна подобрява качеството на
съня ви нощем.
4. Укрепва имунитета Добре балансираният хранителен режим повишава имунните сили на организма ви.
5. Изглеждате страхотно! Здравословното хранене ще преобрази външния ви вид косата ви ще стане лъскава, а кожата сияйна! В допълнение на това ще се сдобиете с искряща усмивка, а бръчките ви ще се заличат.
6. Намалява нивото на стрес
7.Подобрява умственото и душевното ви състояние A nutritious diet definitely makes you feel better
8. Предпазва от тежки заболявания като диабет и защитава сърцето
9.Ще се отървете завинаги от подутото коремче
How I Changed My Eating Habits 🙂
I will share with you my personal story how and when I started clean eating. It all beagn in my teenage years. I didn’t really like my body and I was trying to eat less in order to be skinny. In fact I was on a very bad diet eating mainly junk food. I was feeling overwhelmed by all the conflicting diet advice out there so I was just trying to eat less
calories. But it was a sort of a battle for me…up and down of wight loss and weight gain and in some cases I was actually almost too skinny. I didn’t feel good about myself, I didnt feel healthy and what is more I was always feeling tired. That was a huge issue for me. My mom was very confused about me and she was trying hard to convince me that my bad diet was going to cause me big trouble. Then one day I was like : “Ok…I’m done with this. I want to be healthy and I want to be fit!” That moment was the turning point for me where I decided “I have to do something about it and I have to doi it right away.” I was so sick of being tired and feeling bad about the way my body looked. I wasn’t sure how but I was determined to find a way. Then I faced a problem that a lot of people face – “Where do I start?”
I decided to change my eating habits by taking baby steps every day. I didn’t want to cut
myself off of everything all at once since it was going to be hard for me. I had to to break my bad eating habbits and the first step was to empty the cupboard and the fridge of the bad stuff and fill it with food that is handy, filling and good for me. I changed my environment to matches my goal. I started drinking a lot of water and freshly sqeezed juice. I transfirmed my nutrition from a bad diet to a wholesome and nutritious one :)I left out fast food and
processed snacks like chips and crackers, fullcalorie sodas, sweets / that was the hardest
part 😀 / It was difficult at first but after a while I got used to it. Changing your eating habits is a long term process. It takes time and you learn as you go. It’s always hard in the beginning but in time the road to success becomes smoother.
Tips and Tricks
○ Change your environmet to work for you not against you. Empty your house of the bad foods and find healthier alternatives. Remember If its not there you can’t eat it.
○ Control your portions cut them down.
○ Dont let yourself go too hungry so that your blood sugar never deeps dangerously low.
○ Plan your meals ahead of time.
○ You should have 3 meals and two snacks in a 24 hour period.
○ Always make sure you have enough food in your house at least for the next 5 days.
○ Don’t eat when you are emotional.
○ Prepare your food with love. Say prayers before you eat and bless your food because by doing so you elevate its energy. The more respect you develop for your food the more respect you develop for your body.
○ Remember You you are not going to know everything over night, it’s a long term process of selfimproving.
○ Surround yourself with inspirations things that you are inspired by.
○ Surround yourself with people who support you and respect your goals.
○ Finally Its never too late to learn to live a healthier lifestyle! And it only takes 21 days to nurture a habit /scientific evidence/.
Changing your diet to be more healthy is not focused on weight loss. Healthy eating is not about staying thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. It’s about feeling great in the first place! Clean eating helps to improve your body’s functioning and your appearance. Its within your power to make your choice. It takes self discipline. Make good food choices and after a while bad foods won’t look as good to you any more you will develop selfdiscipline and great food habits.
It’s easier than you think 🙂